At Boostlingo, we are constantly looking for ways to be better and to provide our customers with the best services they can get. Which brings us to some exciting news. In the coming weeks, Boostlingo will be working with ProZ.com. ProZ.com is an online community and workplace for freelance translators and interpreters. It is the world’s largest community of translators and interpreters, and it delivers a comprehensive network of essential services, resources and experiences that enhance the lives of its members.
ProZ was founded by a translator, and today it is operated by a staff of 25 working offices in the United States, Argentina, and Ukraine as well as remotely from locations around the world. Today, we’ll be sharing a few reasons that makes ProZ much more than just a freelancing site.
- Certified PRO Network – The ProZ.com Certified PRO Network is an initiative of the ProZ.com community, the purpose of which is to identify qualified translators in various language pairs, and provide them with the option of networking and collaborating in an environment consisting entirely of screened professionals. Those accepted into the network earn the “ProZ.com Certified PRO” title and seal, which may optionally be displayed in profile pages and elsewhere on or off the ProZ.com website.
- Blue Board – The ProZ Blue Board allows you to find and search for trusted companies. It is a database of translation companies that outsource, with feedback from ProZ.com translators and interpreters.
- KudoZ™ Term Network – The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.
- Professional Development – ProZ offers training for professional translators and interpreters.
- Discussions – ProZ offers forums of open discussions on topics related to translation, interpreting and localization.
- Translation Dictionaries – ProZ offers access to specialized translation dictionaries and glossaries that are very important for professional translators. ProZ.com has an array of popular terminology resources, from the KudoZ™ terms help network and the GlossPost™ compilation of translation glossaries, to user-contributed collections in specialized areas.
- Events – ProZ offers many events and training courses their members can attend. The calendar of events is located on the ProZ website.
- Contests and Prizes – This is a fun way to take a break from your normal routine and test – and hone – your skills with colleagues.
- Offered Discounts – Many tools are available at ProZ and they are happy to provide discounts too!
As we mentioned, ProZ is so much more than just a freelancing website. They provide tools and opportunities that translators, translation companies, and others in the language industry can use to: network, expand their businesses, improve their work, and experience added enjoyment in their professional endeavors. By focusing on the people and the work they do is what makes ProZ.com unique and different from others in their industry.